Teaching and Learning Policy
We have developed our Teaching and Learning Policy in line with our new curriculum and in collaboration with our partnership school, Drayton Park. We advocate a consistent approach to teaching and learning, strongly informed by research evidence into what works in the classroom. We recognise the importance of personalising learning to the needs of individual children and classes. Teachers are free to use their professional judgement in this regard. We are interested above all in doing what has impact. Our focus is upon all children in our classes making maximum progress across the full curriculum.
Our Curriculum Policy lays out our key intentions for pupils’ learning, the content we teach them and the ways we organise learning. The purpose of our Teaching and Learning Policy is to set out the principles and practice of great classroom teaching. The two documents should be read in tandem.
The documents and policies below provide more detail on aspects of our approach to teaching and learning, including:
- How we analyse pupils' learning in ongoing ways and provide them with effective feedback.
- How we plan teaching and learning.
- How we communicate the purpose of lessons to pupils and ensure they understand how to be successful.
- How we timetable the curriculum.
- How we monitor the impact of teaching and learning in an ongoing way.
- How we create great learning environments for our pupils.