Reception to Year 6 Applications
We are passionate about supporting children and young people to have the best start in life. Islington’s Community of Schools work closely with one another to meet the diverse needs of children living or going to school in the borough. We work with Islington to operate a fair and transparent admissions process. We follow Islington's Determined Admission Arrangements for Community Schools.
If you are looking for a place in Reception to Year 6, you need to apply through Islington Council's Admission's Site.
Please note that the school uses the Islington Community Primary School Admissions Policy and places are offered to:
- Siblings of children already at the school.
- Applicants living nearest to the school. This is measured on a large-scale map of the area which is maintained by the Education Office. Measurements will be over the nearest available walking route and accessibility by private car or public transport will be disregarded.
- As an exception to the general policy, priority may be given to applicants who can demonstrate that admission is necessary on the grounds of professionally-supported medical, social or special educational needs.
- Applications for Reception school places are available from the School Admissions Department at Laycock Street, telephone number: 020 7527 5515/5516.
- The school office will also distribute reception application packs to children already attending our nursery.
- Casual admissions need to apply directly to the admissions department at Laycock Street, telephone number: 020 7527 5515/5516.
- Please note that if you submit your application late for a Reception place, your application will not be considered until after all applications submitted on time have been processed. No consideration will be given for siblings or the distance you live from school. Late applications may well mean you do not get a place at Montem.