Our partner school in federation, Montem
Since September 2017, we have been in partnership with another local school, Montem Primary. On 1st April 2020 we became fully federated and are now both members of The Edventure Collaborative. We remain separate schools, but are overseen by one Executive Head and a single Governing Board.
Annabelle Kapoor is Head of School at Drayton Park, with responsibility for leading the school on a day-to-day basis. She works closely with the Executive Headteacher, Damien Parrott and her equivalent at Montem, Tom O'Donnell.
Our partnership is a marriage of equals. Each school is different, but works closely together to support and develop each other. So far the partnership has been invaluable in providing:
- Opportunity for staff development and promotion.
- Advice and support over key areas of school improvement - we share best practice.
- Support with resourcing and finance. We have a shared Business Manager and are working together to create efficiencies of scale.
- The development of our shared new curriculum, which is a real evolution on all Drayton Park has stood for and achieved over the years. It creates wonderful opportunity for teachers and pupils to collaborate across the schools, to the benefit of all.
- The capacity to respond as robustly as we have done to the Coronavirus lockdown. We even, temporarily, took on a third school!