The role: Montem Primary school, Islington, North London, is looking for a finance-focused individual to join our Governing Body. A growing, ambitious, inner London school, we have over 500 students and staff and provide education for children aged two to eleven.
School governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools and play a key role in:
- Setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement
- Monitoring progress towards meeting these targets
- Finding the right balance between supporting and challenging the performance of the Head Teacher and therefore the performance of the school and its staff as a whole
- Determining the school’s budget
- Deciding policy and future development plans
- Upholding good governance and working towards the success of the school.
Our school: Ofsted described the school as ‘a warm and welcoming school in which pupils are safe and behave well’. Ofsted found that all children at Montem make good progress and for some this progress is outstanding. Ofsted described the teachers at Montem as knowing their subjects well and having high expectations of pupils. Pupils were seen to enjoy their lessons and have a desire to learn.
What we are looking for: We welcome applications from individuals with a professional background in finance, business, HR, law or another role that requires scrutiny and precision. We are looking for someone who can monitor and analyse our finances, and help to ensure that we are allocating resources to achieve the best educational outcomes for our children.
Time requirements: School governors at Montem usually attend two governing body meetings and two sub-committee meetings each term, so a maximum of twelve meetings per year. In addition you would be expected to read governing papers and prepare adequately for meetings.
How can I find our more? For an initial chat about the role or to apply, please email Alain Desmier, Chair of Governors, at firstname.lastname@example.org